Friday, November 21, 2008

Graduation Day.

OK, uhm... i'm Joo Ann. What's happening to the Sepang Goldcoast day trip now, Ming? Our theme colour is purple? Cool.
We finally have a bloggie! Aghh!
Ok, now, to show you my point of view of my graduation day. (Last Friday, 14 Nov 08)

We marched side by side, two by two down the aisle of the hall. Our feet raised and dropped with the beat of the music (that sounded like some Michael Jackson song). Our maroon graduation robes were hanging loosely on our shoulders. And our hats? Let’s just say they did not stay on our heads for very long.

We lined up in the canteen according to our places in rehearsal. “The last time we’ll be doing this, no more rehearsals anymore.” I said to Adriana. Everything. The last time. Everyone was scattered everywhere, chatting, laughing, and taking photos.

Finally, the music came on, I felt the beat of the rhythm, swaying along, taking deep breaths as the line started moving, and chatting into Pei Lin’s ear. Parents were everywhere. Absolutely EVERYWHERE. They filled the hall, the second floor, and some even on the third floor. And some, blocked the way to our seats. **ahem, remember Adriana?** Anyway, we sat nervously, fixing our hair, fixing our robes, and smiling as if the world would end to the cameras. Then it was time for Han Zhen and his gang of singlet wearing kung fu fan-cloth holding fighters to dance on stage. *oooh! Clap clap* And then the Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Important People go on stage to give out Very Very Very Very Very Very long speeches. And then Diablo (che ling) performance.

After that, it was time for the winners *ahem* to go all the way to the back of the stage (in the corridor to the left of the stage) and wait for what seemed like hours to Summer and I. “You take the trophies back to my place later ah!” “Why not you just leave it on the floor so we could just collect our own ones after the thing?!” “Aihz, Joo Ann, walk seven steps to my place also cannot meh?! Can ‘jian fei’ what! (lose weight)” (Summer and my conversation during waiting time.)

After lots of grinning to each and every camera and bugging Shengy whether I’m supposed to smile, we went back, (me, carrying three trophies (one Summer’s) and a certificate. *ahem*) and we sat down. Again. And then May Yen, Zhi-Qi and Cha Yee’s (and others) fan dance. **Cha Yee, Maymay, Zhi-Qi---I liked your make-up** And then, it was some Kadazan or Sumazau Dance (Either Sabah or Sarawak) by the std 1 or 2 students. **so cute weii** And then, time for us (singing people, which I’d like to say Choir) to march to the basketball courts.

SINGING TIMEE!!!! We were singing our hearts out on stage. (at least I was) and I almost lost my voice. I could see students starting to cry. Then after the first song, I turned to Adriana, “Are you crying yet?” “Nop.” “Me too. I want to cry but I can’t” “Me too, eh! People starting to cry already!!” “I know! Which one are you seeing? Where!! WHERE!!!?” And then the second song started. *mouth close shut* *mouth open to sing*

After all four songs, Cikgu Ho asked us to pull (actually, turn) our ‘xiang paos’ the Pop pop. The Pop Pop. (The confetti thingy lah.) We marched back down, shook hands with the V.I.Ps and the teachers. (The great teachers, to be exact.) and I saw Liu lao shi crying. And Ming Li stood up to pat our backs and say, “Don’t cry ahh, don’t cry ahh” to all of us.

And then we went to the canteen. My face was still completely dry then. Then, I saw Siew Huey came to me sobbing and crying her heart out. I hugged her tight in my arms. I could feel her sobbing. Tears started welling up in my eyes. I looked at Adriana, she looked at me, stunned. Then, I started crying. =(. We hugged for a very long time. After that we went to take photos, and we went up at 11++pm to give back the bi ye pao (graduation robe things + hat) to teacher and get our certs. **CERTS!!!** lol. And then we hugged. Then, we went to makan. *yum yum* Then I went to Summer’s house until 2pm. Then I went home.



(Oh, and btw, don't gossip or make fun of teachers here, cause teachers actually also know the password and the username and the website. hehe. before anything bad happens lah. Before you know it when we go back for teachers day next year the teachers would look at us and start scolding us. *if we gossip bout them)


Joo Ann~ ^^ OH, and btw, i'm the one who put the pic there, if you wanna change it, then change it, but at least put half the class in there, and not yourself posing with your handbag or anything. XD tata~

0 comments: